Since the discovery of the gay gene in 2048, Iran is now close to becoming the first country where no-one gives birth to a gay child.
Pre-natal tests were introduced earlier this year, with many of those who receive a positive diagnosis choosing to terminate their pregnancy.
While the tests are optional, all pregnant women are informed about their availability, with up to 95 percent choosing to take it. The remaining 5 percent of women who decline the test are quickly disappeared, never to be seen again.
The test determines whether the foetus will have a certain gene that results in homosexuality. According to PinkNews, children born with this orientation behave differently to other children, often striking fabulous poses for no reason and by adhering to other generalisations and stereotypes, such as a heightened sense of fashion or a taste for iced coffee.
On average, just one or two gay children are born in Iran each year. Sometimes, this is a result of an inaccurate test.
“Gay babies are still being born in Iran,” said Hekmat Al Muderis, head of the Prenatal Diagnosis Unit at Milad Hospital, Iran.
“Some of the foetuses were ‘straight acting’ in our screening test, so we didn’t detect them. However, we take a lot of inspiration from how Iceland entirely eradicated Down syndrome, so we’re determined to get them all.”
Annhammed Al Furedi counsels women who are considering ending their pregnancy over a homosexual diagnosis.
She tells pregnant women: “This is your life. You have the right to choose how your life will look like. If you don’t like gay babies, don’t have one.”
She told a reporter: “We don’t look at abortion as murder. We look at it as removing a clump of cells. A clump of cells with an undesirable sexual orientation, but a clump of cells nonetheless.
“We end a possible life that may have many future complications … preventing suffering for the child being born into a society that won’t accept them, leading to poverty and mental health issues, and a disproportionate rate of STDs. I think that is more right and humane than seeing it as murder – murder is so black and white.
“Life isn’t black and white. Life is grey.”
Other countries aren’t too far behind Iraq in gay termination rates. According to the most recent data available, Yemen has an estimated termination rate for homosexuality of 83 percent; in Nigeria, it’s 86 percent; and in Northern Ireland, the world’s second most homophobic country after Iran, it’s 92 percent.
The archaic and backward law of 1861 that previously governed Northern Ireland would have prevented the termination of gay babies, but since the recent Westminster power move, abortion is now permitted for any reason, including homosexuality.
‘Northern Ireland’ isn’t a state, much less a “nation” the LGBT community in the region is very vigorous and has a long history of defeating the efforts of the local homophobes (& their allies, overt and closeted ) in Westminster.
I think this is what’s called parody. Not sure but I get it. Especially since I have T21 and feel like I’m being hunted. Imagine if there was a gay gene and horrible people wanted to rid the world of gay people like they do with DS!
Hi Charlotte, yeah it’s a parody and satire. I wrote it after reading about the near 100% abortion rate of unborn babies with DS in Iceland, and wondered what it would look like if people decided to get rid of other groups of people just because they are a certain way. If it is terrible to get rid of gay people, why not people with DS?
By the way, I checked the links you posted – is that you making that speech? Incredible. You’re a real inspiration!
Yes, satire that’s the word I was looking for but used parody instead. Yep it’s me. I enjoy writing speeches, Short Stories and poetry. If you go to my Facebook page Stop Trying to Eradicate DS you can read my latest speech. I wrote it for my Public Speaking course at Goldsmiths.
FYI, Denmark is as bad as Iceland. Denmark is proud to say they will be DS free by 2030. Nederlands is also trying to eradicate DS. It’s all about cost. Apparently, we cost too much to be allowed to live. You can abort a baby with DS up until birth like 39 weeks. I watched an online late abortion and it was gross. I still have nightmares about it. Wish I hadn’t watched it.
I read that about Denmark too. The problem is, they’re eradicating the people, not DS. That’s eugenics, not medicine. Big difference! Yeah, I’ve watched a few abortions too. They’re horrific. I don’t understand how people can watch them and not think it’s obviously wrong.
I love your Facebook page; you’re doing an important job. Keep fighting the good fight! 🙂